Powered by Blogger.

Semana 64 #12weeks

By 8:30 AM

Olá todo mundo!

Today I enter the ever anticipated "12 semanas" or 12 week program. My last 12 weeks in the mission field! I´m really starting to freak out. not only that but my "filha" Sister Gallo (and current companion wohoo) will complete 8 MONTHS this week. I feel so old! 

This week we spent another week in division with the sisters from Seridó. This time, I left the area and went to help out one of my ex companions Sister Alarcón. We worked SUPER hard in finding a new teaching group and preparing them to come to church/be baptized. We gave it our all and ended up with about 45 new investigators for the week. It was a good learning experience for both me and Sister Alarcón - in finding our weak and strong points and how we can improve our teaching and finding techniques. One thing that I have come to realize that makes a huge difference in missionary work is our attitude. When we are happy, and show it on our faces, everyone wants to know why we are so happy! They are intruigued and want to find the same happiness that we radiate! It is exactly like what the Savior taught in Matthew and to the Nephites in 3 Nephi 12/Matthew 5 -  

"13 Verily, verily, I say unto you, I give unto you to be the salt of the earth; but if the salt shall lose its savor wherewith shall the earth be salted? The salt shall be thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out and to be trodden under foot of men.

 14 Verily, verily, I say unto you, I give unto you to be the light of this people. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hid.

 15 Behold, do men light a candle and put it under a bushel? Nay, but on a candlestick, and it giveth light to all that are in the house;

 16 Therefore let your light so shine before this people, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father who is in heaven."

The Lord has high expectations for us to shine our light - use the talents and means that we have to help others and share the restored gospel. If we don´t, we are literally "good for nothing". Once again, I am so eternally grateful that I am serving a mission to be able to learn that these things are true!

We visited some investigators with a teenage girl from the ward who is preparing to serve a mission, and she asked each of us what was our favorite thing about serving a mission. I feel like that answer changes every few months, and for me right now I really had so many things to say but the answer right now is the overwhelming sense of change - the change that comes to people when they come to know the Church of Jesus Christ and the restored gospel, when they apply His atoning sacrifice in their lives and repent. And the change that comes to us as missionaries. To me. How I am such a different person than I once was. What I know to be true now has only come about because I decided to LIVE these gospel principles. LIVE what the scriptures teach us. LIVE the commandments of God. SEARCH for answers through prayer and study. STRIVE to be a better person and humbly accept corrections. LIVE the covenants that I have made with God. This is how I have changed - I have become a living testimony. 

I´m grateful for the opportunity to change. One thing we always tell our investigators and people on the street is that it is never too late to change! And that is true for all of us. 

Just 3 weeks until we Skype again for mother´s day! Love you all. This is the last week of the transfer, and I´m praying that I´ll stay here in Caicó! I LOVE the people of my area, my ward, and my sweet companion and all she has taught me. 

Talk to you guys next week!


Sister Brown

You Might Also Like

0 comments