Powered by Blogger.

Semana 75

By 9:10 PM

Oi gente!

It´s getting harder and harder to put my thoughts to an email - how am I supposed to describe a year and a half of dedicated service to the Nordestinos and the Lord? A year and a half of spiritual growth, victories and defeats, physical and spiritual trials, and the life I have lived here - there is nothing that can put to words justly. I guess what they all say is true - I´ll leave half of my heart here. It almost feels unjust that I have to go home, to leave people and places that I love. But just as the Lord teaches us, "to every thing there is a season"...

Yesterday was an absolutely beautiful day. Not because everything went the way we wanted to (all the contrary), but because even with defeats we can always recognize the hand of the Lord and His tender mercies. 

Yesterday, it was sunday. The Sabbath Day. Yesterday, it was pouring rain. Pouring rain in Rio Grande do Norte means that no one leaves home. Yesterday was my second to last sunday in Ala Potengi. Yesterday, the ward pianist invited me to play the hymns. Yesterday, Elizângela, who hadn´t been to church for the past two weeks because of a sickness, came all my herself in the rain. In the middle of the gospel principles class on Sabbath Day observance, we talked about obedience to the Lord´s commandments. Elizângela leaned over to me and said, "I want to pay my tithing. How do I do that?" Later, bishop announced a "multirão" or group visits that would take place that afternoon. Elizângela was waiting for us at the church at 4pm sharp, as the ONLY MEMBER other than the bishopbric present to visit less active members. She, hardly a recent convert herself, set out in the pouring rain with us and started to invite everyone to come to church. She had already studied next week´s lesson on fasting and wants to do her first 24 hour fast. Yesterday, I could once again witness the magic of conversion. My heart filled with pride, and then gratitude to the Lord for these converts. True converts. Yesterday, I ran through the empty streets in the pouring rain with my companion, as a pure happiness came over me that I just can´t explain. I am so grateful to the Lord for the little things. For the tender mercies, for how He has blessed me, for one more week to work in His vineyard here in Brasil. For all the things He has taught me here on the mission. 

My prayer this week is that I may continue to endure to the end and receive the fulness of the Lord´s blessings for this missionary service. I love you all!


Sister Brown

You Might Also Like

0 comments