Powered by Blogger.

Semana 47

By 12:22 PM

Olá família!

Another week down... how are you guys doing? I hope that this week was filled with holiday festivities and lots of snow :)

Extra blessings from this week - Francisco received the Priesthood last week, and received a calling in the Young Men´s Presidency yesterday! He also came to church in a white shirt and tie for the first time. Update from my converts in Natal - I heard at the conference that both Adriano and Emanuel received their partiarchal blessings this week. The happiness just doesn´t end, I love those two with all my heart.






As I mentioned last week, late monday night we travelled to Natal for our mission Christmas Conference! It was such a fun experience, especially to see everyone in the mission, to eat, to have fun, to cry, to feel the spirit of Christmas. 
















President and Sister Soares gave talks really inspired, and one thing that Sister Soares talked about in her talk was about the symbolism of Christmas, the colors of red, white, and green, the christmas tree, presents. I won´t go into detail of what was discussed because I think for the most part everyone has an idea of how these symbols relate to Christ and the gospel, but I wanted to point to one in particular - the christmas tree. Why do we use a green pine tree? To me, the christmas tree is a symbol of the life of Christ. A pine tree is an evergreen - it keeps its needles all year long and maintains the fresh, green color, full of life. Just as we remember during this time of year LIFE. The BIRTH of Jesus Christ, that He LIVES. I think the hymn "Hark! The Herald Angels Sing" describes it perfectly:

Hail the heav'n-born Prince of Peace!
Hail the Son of Righteousness!
Light and life to all he brings,
Ris'n with healing in his wings.

Mild he lays his glory by,
Born that man no more may die;
Born to raise the sons of earth,
Born to give them second birth.

Hark! the herald angels sing
Glory to the newborn King!

One day, we will attain eternal life, together with Him. But we must be obedient to our covenants, must follow the path that He dictated, and we will have our eternal reward. I may have given up my "life" at home, left my schooling and family for a year and a half, which to the world is something outrageous and ridiculous. But "whosoever shall lose his life for my sake, shall find it" the Lord declared. I know that what I am doing here in Brasil is the work of the Lord, and that I am helping other and myself gain eternal life. There could be no better Christmas present than that.

I´m anxiously counting the days until I get to talk to you guys next week!!!! I don´t know if I´ll know how to verbally speak English but I´ll do my best... yikes. At least with an email I can write and rewrite (and rewrite again sometimes..) until it turns out right. Be thinking of questions and other things you guys want to talk about! I´m thinking that 3 or 4 pm Brasil time would be good, but I need to double check our lunch schedule and next week I´ll give you a firmer answer.

TALK TO YOU GUYS NEXT WEEK!

com meu amor,

Sister Brown

P.S.  We had to use the firehose to fill the baptismal font this week--that's what happens when you live in a desert and have no water!





You Might Also Like

0 comments